Monday, June 18, 2007

friendship

I fail to understand what kind of friends we are? It is strange because I know in some warped way, we are friends. I know your darkest secrets (or at least that is what you lead me to believe!!) and you know everything about my life (the all and sundry most mundane issues and the deep dark secrets in my closet). But then there are these aspects of your life that I have no clue about and I fail to understand the compartmentalization that you feel is needed in your life. As close friends I think I should share all aspects of my life with you and I am not saying that you should too, but then how is an interaction going to function if it is always that you are busy with 'something'. It is always 'something'. What is the big secret? Why is it so difficult to say 'I am going to out with so and so, or I am going to work out or I am reading or whatever is it that this 'something' is????
Can you imagine what kind of interaction this would turn out to be if I also said that I was busy with something and that something was going on and something this and something that. All we would have is somethings. Or probably you would not care because it does not matter to you in the first place.
I sometimes feel this is a situational interaction or friendship in the first place. We are working together and have some aspects to our lives that are more common with each other than other individuals, thus we are friends. These constraints or commonalities throw us together more often and thus we end up thinking we are close friends. But in actuality we would never have interacted with each other if there was more choice in terms of what we could do or who we could interact with and simply by that logic, this relationship is going to die once the situation changes.
Why does it bother me so much then? Just live and let live...enjoy whatever fun times we have while they last and then move on with good memories of this interaction....now if only I could really implement this....life would be great for both of us!!

6 comments:

AmitL said...

Hi,Wandy....my interpretation of 'something' answers is that the person does not want to reveal what the real matter/work is.:)Simply because they feel that their private space is their own.:)Hope u resolve the matter.And, awaiting a quicker post than last time,now.:)

AmitL said...

And,great to read ur comment on my post.Did u drop an email?Let me check.:)

Sakhi said...

Its strange. But when you come to think of it, you realize, that all your 'close friends' have been people you've met at school/college/universities/other institutes/jobs/neighbourhood/through friends...have in a sense, actually only been your 'pick' out of all the rest, as one thinks that one would gel well with them-amongst the whole lot...and then come the 'understandings'/adjustments/compromises etc. But hasnt it always been the case?
TC&KIT...S m i l e

Unknown said...

hmm not sure in what context this post was but personally i do have a distinction between frnds that u want to interact (get along, hang out etc.) with and ones that you HAVE to interact with since the current situation demands it. and I have seen this...the HAVE to frnds...you tend to loose contact w/ once that situaion changes...but others..u can chat n converse even if u r meeting after 5 yrs...that comfort level is there.

just me two cents on this.
take care
-KHOTTA

AmitL said...

Kya hua,ji?Next post????

My Unfinished Life said...

in ever relationship....one must respect the individual space....otherwise....familiarity breeds contempt...